Nothing says summertime quite like good ole’ fashioned lemonade, and with warm weather hanging on for weeks – maybe months – to come, this delightful drink will cool you down like nothing else! This yummy Basil-Infused Watermelon Lemonade is perfectly earthy and refreshing. Hosting an outdoor party? This is a menu must.
What You Need
1 c water
3/4 c sugar
1 c thinly sliced fresh basil
8 c cubed seeded watermelon
1/2 c fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
Combine 1 cup of water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in basil; chill 1 hour.
Strain sugar mixture through a sieve over a bowl, and discard basil.
Place watermelon in a blender; process until smooth. Pour watermelon puree through a fine sieve into a large bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
Combine watermelon liquid, sugar mixture, and juice in a pitcher; chill.
Add sliced lemons pitcher and drink glasses with a sprig of the basil for garnish.)
VARIATION: Add about 8 ice cubes to blender. And if you don’t place the watermelon juice through sieve, it will be more like a frozen lemonade or virgin margarita.
Submitted by: Kim Biegacki, Warren, OH (Pop. 84,012) www.justapinch.com/lemonade
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Used by Permission.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- A Trio of Ways to be More ‘Adult’ while Still Holding on to Your Inner Child - January 18, 2017
- Which puppy is the best for you? - January 13, 2017
- Is barrier control or baiting better for pest control? - January 11, 2017
- 2017 Planner Setup in FoxyFix Traveler’s Notebook - January 11, 2017
- Dermaroller Methods to Improve Your Skin’s Appearance - January 6, 2017