The novels of Kristin Hannah really strike a chord with so many women—with stories that are emotionally rich and deal with real life issues that so many of us face.
She is a #1 New York Times bestseller, and her books, which include Firefly Lane and Home Front, will make you laugh, cry, and want to call the women in your life…so you can tell them that you love them!
Her newest Fly Away is the story of three women who have lost their way and need each other—plus a miracle—to transform their lives.
“An emotionally-complex, heart wrenching novel about love, family, motherhood, loss, and redemption, Fly Away reminds us that where there is life, there is hope and where there is love, there is forgiveness. Told with her trademark visceral storytelling and illuminating prose, Kristin Hannah reveals why she is one of the most beloved writers of our day” (from Kristin Hannah’s website).
I’m not going to lie to you. This book will make you cry. And cry the ugly cry. There is so much sadness, pain, and tragedy. But there is also healing. There is friendship and love and a new path.
If you are a fan of Kristin’s book Firefly Lane, this brings back Kate and Tully, but in a very different way. If you are new to these characters, there are flashbacks, and you see that: Life has happened.
Life happens to all of us, doesn’t it? Life has a way of instigating the ugly cry. I have had my fair share of tragedies. And if you ask my friends and family they will tell you that I made it through remarkably well. And there are three main reasons for that: my faith in God, my supportive family, and my amazing best friends.
I have two best friends that have been my best friends for…well…a really long time. Since 6th grade. We have been there for each other through the worst times in life and the best times in life. Middle school. High School. Marriage. Children. Divorce. Loss of parents. Health problems.
These two women are there whether I need to talk about wanting to toss my washing machine down the stairs or whether I need to talk about my child being in the hospital. And I try to be the same way for them.
Life is going to happen. There are going to be tragedies, pain, laughter, and silliness.
One of the most fundamental elements of living life is that sometimes stories end, and we have to find a way to begin again. And sometimes you need best friends to do that.
Here is a little something that could help you begin again: a $100 Visa gift card plus a copy of Fly Away! To enter just leave a comment and let me know how you met your best friend. You can also visit their website to read an excerpt and watch a couple of videos that bring you into the world of Fly Away, which is now available in paperback.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 4/1/2014-4/30/2014.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- My taps are hard to turn. Do they need to be replaced? - April 28, 2017
- Choosing one-piece toilets or two-piece toilets for your bathroom - April 26, 2017
- Why Choose Wall Cladding? A Look at Design Options - April 24, 2017
- Spice Up Spring Cleaning - April 17, 2017
- 8 Ways to Optimize Your Sleep - April 13, 2017