Theirs wasn’t always the misfit family in the neighborhood. Jenna Parsons’s childhood was one of block parties and barbecues, where her mother, a former beauty queen, continued her reign and her twin brother, Warren, was viewed as just another oddball kid. But as her mother’s shopaholic habits intensified, and her brother’s behavior became viewed as more strange than quirky, Jenna sought to distance herself from them. She is devoted to her career and her four-year-old daughter, Rose. But now, in his peculiar way, Warren summons her back to 62 Royal Court.
What she finds there—a house in disrepair, a neighborhood on tenterhooks over a rash of petty thefts, and evidence of past traumas her mother has kept hidden—will challenge Jenna as never before. But as she stands by her family, she also begins to find beauty in unexpected places, strength in unlikely people, and a future she couldn’t have imagined.
I did receive an advance copy of the book from the publisher to review. To be perfectly honest, the cover of this book lowered my expectations of the story. But House of Wonder is one of those stories that surprises you.
With Healy’s debut novel she shows a lot of potential. There are touching moments as Jenna rediscovers her love for her family and Warren shows that it doesn’t matter if you have a disability, you can still be a hero.
This is a good, light novel that will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you want to be in love.
I am giving away a copy of House of Wonder to one lucky reader! To enter leave a comment below with your favorite book you read this summer! Earn extra entries too! Just complete anything from the list below. Make sure to leave a separate comment for each. Winner will be announced on September 16.
1. Tweet about the giveaway – post a link.
2. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Twitter.
3. Post about the giveaway on Facebook and post your link.
4. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Facebook.5. Subscribe to Dishwater Dreams on YouTube.
6. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Instagram.
7. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- My taps are hard to turn. Do they need to be replaced? - April 28, 2017
- Choosing one-piece toilets or two-piece toilets for your bathroom - April 26, 2017
- Why Choose Wall Cladding? A Look at Design Options - April 24, 2017
- Spice Up Spring Cleaning - April 17, 2017
- 8 Ways to Optimize Your Sleep - April 13, 2017