Reeling from her recent divorce, Gina Bellamy suddenly finds herself figuring out how to live on her own. Determined to make a fresh start—with her beloved rescue greyhound by her side—Gina knows drastic measures are in order.
First up: throwing away all her possessions except for the one hundred things that mean the most to her. But what items are worth saving? Letters from the only man she’s ever loved? A keepsake of the father she never knew? Or a blue glass vase that perfectly captures the light?
As she lets go of the past, Gina begins to come to terms with what has happened in her life and discovers that seizing the day is sometimes the only thing to do. And when one decides to do just that…magic happens.
Most of the time, you can’t really have a fresh start until you have taken an extended trip to the past. And that’s exactly what Gina does. While her trials might not be the same as yours, the journey will look familiar to anyone who has tried to start over.
What I love about this novel is that is sits within Gina’s heart in a truly real way. Gina is more like a friend than a character in a book. As she sorts through the objects from her life, she makes you think about what is truly important in yours. And, she gives you hope that somehow, someway, it will work all be ok.
0 stars – terrible
1 star – skip it
2 stars – ok
3 stars – enjoyable
4 stars – amazing
5 stars – life changing
I am giving away a copy of A Hundred Pieces of Me to one lucky reader! To enter leave a comment below! If you were only keeping 100 things from your life, what would your top 3 items be?
Earn extra entries too! Just complete anything from the list below. Make sure to leave a separate comment for each. Winner will be announced on September 30.
1. Tweet about the giveaway – post a link.
2. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Twitter.
3. Post about the giveaway on Facebook and post your link.
4. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Facebook.5. Subscribe to Dishwater Dreams on YouTube.
6. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Instagram.
7. Follow Dishwater Dreams on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017