Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn was listed as a must read on many lists and a top book club pick. I can see why.
Gone Girl is the story of Nick and Amy. They meet, they fall in love, they get married, and Amy goes missing.
While this book starts off like any wife goes missing, husband is a jerk and must have killed her story, it isn't. Not by a long shot.
I am a huge fan of mysteries and so I've read quite a lot of them. It's hard to surprise me anymore, but Gillian Flynn did. Several times.
If you like a good mystery, a crooked love story, or just a good book, I highly recommend it. Do not read if profanity offends you. There are quite a few bad words in the book.
The only thing I really wasn't completely pleased about with this book was the ending. I can't decide if I liked it or not. One minute I'm unhappy that the end was what it was. The next minute, I think it fits in perfectly. I can't really say more without giving too much away. So go read the book and tell me, did you like the ending?
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017