This is the story of two lost girls. And a rabbit.
There are two reasons I am highly recommending this book. One of them is not because this was on the list of the most chosen books for book clubs.
1. Mystery – This story has so many twists and turns you might as well just forget about trying to figure it out and just hang on for the ride. The book moves quickly and just about everyone is a suspect. I love those kinds of mysteries. It bounces back and forth between two time periods. One is for the back story and the first lost girl. The second is the present and the search for the current lost girl.
What I love about this mystery that separates it from others I have read it that at the very beginning of the book, Rhonda, the main character, witness a child abduction in broad daylight, by someone wearing a rabbit costume. Yes, you read that right. Despite the fantastical beginning, the characters and the action are completely believable. You have to unwind the story to understand the fantastic beginning.
2. The second reason I recommend this book is because as you are being taken on a wild ride where nothing is as it seems, you are thrust into a world where children are children. Where their imaginations run wild. Where life doesn't interfere – until it does. I loved this book for the same reason that I loved Zilpha Keatley Snyder's The Egypt Game when I was younger. The children have made their own world and it is overflowing with imagination. It is a mystery, but it is also a coming of age story. A story of innocence, innocence lost, guilt, and redemption.
This is a great summer read because it is a quick read that will draw you in and not let you go until the very last page.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Want to Be a Mompreneur? 5 Key Personality Traits You Need for Success - September 27, 2016
- Ipsy Glam Bag September 2016 - September 23, 2016
- BOOK REVIEW: Wicked Summer by Roma Brooks - September 21, 2016
- Everything Under $10 – The Best Drugstore Makeup - September 20, 2016
- Modern White Dresses for Your “Must Have” Shopping List Next Month - September 14, 2016