At the end of a long and useful life, Penelope Keeling’s prized possession is The Shell Seekers, painted by her father, and symbolizing her unconventional life, from bohemian childhood to wartime romance. When her grown children learn their grandfather’s work is now worth a fortune, each has an idea as to what Penelope should do. But as she recalls the passions, tragedies, and secrets of her life, she knows there is only one answer…and it lies in her heart.
Penelope and her three children are characters that will stick with you. This is a warm your heart story. I love books that have major historical events as characters. In this case it is WWII that takes center stage for part of the story. The story looks at what kind of devastating effects an inheritance can have on a family. And the toll that years of living can take.
The book has been rereleased. Shell Seekers will be a fantastic summer vacation read.
0 stars – terrible
1 star – skip it
2 stars – ok
3 stars – enjoyable
4 stars – amazing
5 stars – life changing
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017