There is nothing hotter than a girl with brains. Warm Bodies is a story about a fairly well preserved zombie who falls in love with a human girl after he eats her boyfriend. I guess that’s the Match.com of the zombie apocalypse.
I really enjoyed this novel. It was a softer look at zombies and was from the perspective of the zombie, which we really haven’t seen before. R is our narrator. That’s all he can remember of his name, R. His thoughts are completely coherent and guide us through the zombie world.
While I thoroughly enjoyed the novel, it is a bit of a hokey love story. Julie, R’s human girlfriend, is the typical zombie apocalypse teenager. She is self-sufficient, not afraid of much, and despises the way that adults are running the “new world.”
While somewhat cheezy, I did like the novel for it’s unique perspectives from R.
0 stars – terrible
1 star – not that great
2 stars – skip it
3 stars – enjoyable
4 stars – amazing
5 stars – life changing
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- My taps are hard to turn. Do they need to be replaced? - April 28, 2017
- Choosing one-piece toilets or two-piece toilets for your bathroom - April 26, 2017
- Why Choose Wall Cladding? A Look at Design Options - April 24, 2017
- Spice Up Spring Cleaning - April 17, 2017
- 8 Ways to Optimize Your Sleep - April 13, 2017