There is nothing hotter than a girl with brains. Warm Bodies is a story about a fairly well preserved zombie who falls in love with a human girl after he eats her boyfriend. I guess that’s the Match.com of the zombie apocalypse.
I really enjoyed this novel. It was a softer look at zombies and was from the perspective of the zombie, which we really haven’t seen before. R is our narrator. That’s all he can remember of his name, R. His thoughts are completely coherent and guide us through the zombie world.
While I thoroughly enjoyed the novel, it is a bit of a hokey love story. Julie, R’s human girlfriend, is the typical zombie apocalypse teenager. She is self-sufficient, not afraid of much, and despises the way that adults are running the “new world.”
While somewhat cheezy, I did like the novel for it’s unique perspectives from R.
0 stars – terrible
1 star – not that great
2 stars – skip it
3 stars – enjoyable
4 stars – amazing
5 stars – life changing
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017