The summer season is all about entertaining. From backyard cookouts to wedding or baby showers, it seems there's always a reason to party! This super moist, incredibly flavorful cake is the perfect end to any warm-weather gathering. Not only does it taste delicious, but the intense strawberry aroma of this pretty confection will fill the air with the warm, sweet scents of summer.
Mama Seward's Strawberry Cake
1 bx white cake mix
1 bx strawberry gelatin mix (small box)
1 c oil
1/2 c milk
1 c mashed sweetened strawberries (not drained)
Frosting: 1 lb box of powdered sugar
1 stick of butter softened
1/2 cup of mashed strawberries (drained)
• Mix cake ingredients together and pour in a 9×11 inch pan or you can layer in two smaller round pans. Do not fill to the top or batter will bake up too tall.
• Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Let cool.
• Mix frosting ingredients together. If too thick, add strawberries until consistency is right. Frost cake.
Wanda Harrison Henderson, TN (6,309)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Used by Permission.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Make Your Home Calm, Safe & Soothing with Simple Updates - February 23, 2017
- Book Review: I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh - February 22, 2017
- Finish 7 by Spring Project Pan INTRO - February 21, 2017
- Hot or Not: Marc Jacobs Highliner Review - February 20, 2017
- Home Cleanliness Tips for Young Families - February 16, 2017