Prep time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Betty Crocker green gel food color
Betty Crocker red cinnamon decors or sliced gumdrops
Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
Pour cereal into 4-quart bowl. Set bowl aside.
Place butter and marshmallows in 3-quart saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Remove saucepan from heat.
Stir in food color until mixture is evenly colored. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir until cereal is evenly coated.
Lightly spray hands with cooking spray. For each tree, shape about 1/4 cup of cereal mixture into tree shape on cookie sheet.
Press candies into trees to decorate. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store trees in loosely covered container.
Note: Personalize trees using decorator icing (from 4.25-ounce tube) and use as place cards. Use icing to add garland.
For more recipes, visit www.generalmills.com.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017