They say you eat with your eyes first, and it’s true: a pretty presentation makes a tasty dish even better. This recipe from home cook Cassandra Nasr, is beautiful inside and out. At first glance you see a chewy chocolate cookie topped with a maraschino cherry and nestled into a sugary frosting. On the inside you get an ultra-chocolatey cookie, cream spiked with rum extract and candied cherry flavor. You’ll never be able to have just one!
Chocolate Cherry Beauties
What you Need:
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 c granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 stk butter, softened (not melted)
1 c confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp rum or rum extract
1 c milk chocolate chips maraschino cherries
• Prepare cookie base. Melt unsweetened chocolate with a double boiler (or the microwave in 30 second increments).
• In a separate bowl, add chocolate to the oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in eggs, flour, baking powder and salt and chill for 2-3 hours.
• After chilling, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
• Once cookies are out of the oven, immediately use a round bottomed spoon (like a teaspoon) to smoosh a “well” into them. Allow to cool completely.
• In a medium bowl, mix butter, confectioners’ sugar and rum extract. Blend using a hand mixer until it is the consistency of frosting. Add 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, finely chopped.
• Using a pastry bag without a tip, pipe a dollop of filling into each cookie well. Top with a maraschino cherry and a drizzle of melted chocolate from the remaining chips.
Submitted by: Cassandra Nasr, Stockton, CA (pop. 291,707) www.justapinch.com/beauties© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Used by Permission.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Weekly Makeup Basket featuring Gwen Stefani palettes - April 29, 2016
- Top 10 Songs to Make You Cry - April 28, 2016
- Empties | Products I’ve Used Up | Makeup and Beauty Empties - April 27, 2016
- Back to Basics – How to use an eyeshadow trio - April 25, 2016
- Weekly Makeup Basket: Milani Everyday Eyes and e.l.f face palettes - April 22, 2016