Home cook Lori Anderson created this wonderfully decadent Chocolate Passion Torte, a delicious cake for choc-o-holics everywhere!
Start with a simple brownie mix, stud it with tons of chopped Oreo, then frost it with a cookies & cream whipped frosting. Top it all off with strawberries and a drizzle of – you guessed it! – liquid chocolate. This is a stunner of a recipe… for the eyes and the palate!
See step-by-step photos of Lori’s festive recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”…
“It’s easier than it looks!
Chocolate Passion Torte
What You Need
1 box brownie mix
1 c chopped Oreo cookies
1/2 c canola oil
1/4 c water
4 tbsp water
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c cocoa, unsweetened
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp gelatin, unflavored
1 c whipping cream
4 chopped Oreo cookies
• Combine brownie mix ingredients (eggs, oil, water) according to package directions. Add 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies; mix well.
• Bake in greased 10-inch springform pan 43-50 minutes, until middle is almost set. Cool at least one hour.
• For frosting, in a saucepan on low heat mix 4 tbsp of water, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of cocoa until sugar dissolves.
• Put 2 tbsp of water in a small dish. Add 1 1/2 tsp of gelatin. Stir and let stand 1 minute.
• Add gelatin mixture to cocoa mixture; stir. Let stand until room temp.
• Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in cocoa mixture; blend well.
• Add remaining chopped cookies. Spoon over brownie, decorate with liquid chocolate and/or strawberries, if desired. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Submitted by: Lori Anderson, Minneapolis, MN (pop. 382,578)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Brought to you by American Hometown Media
Used by Permission.