Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: One hour
Yield: 10 cups, approximately
Five cups Shredded Wheat Cereal
Three cups Cheerios Cereal
Two cups chopped Oklahoma pecans
Two and one-third cups Griffin Cinnamon Roll Syrup
One and one-half cups brown sugar
One and one-fourth cups Hiland Salted Butter
One teaspoon Griffin Vanilla Extract
One and one-half teaspoons baking soda
Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine syrup, brown sugar and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 90 seconds. Stir syrup mixture, then microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture boils. Carefully remove mixture from microwave, and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will bubble and foam.
In a separate large mixing bowl, combine cereal and pecans. Pour syrup mixture over the cereal and pecans, tossing and stirring until well coated. Spread mix evenly onto a well-greased baking sheet.
Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread mixture onto a large cookie sheet. When party mix has cooled, break into bite size pieces and enjoy!
Tip: In order to maintain freshness, store party mix in an airtight container.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Make Your Home Calm, Safe & Soothing with Simple Updates - February 23, 2017
- Book Review: I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh - February 22, 2017
- Finish 7 by Spring Project Pan INTRO - February 21, 2017
- Hot or Not: Marc Jacobs Highliner Review - February 20, 2017
- Home Cleanliness Tips for Young Families - February 16, 2017