(Family Features) When creative inspiration strikes, you need to seize the moment and create. But if supplies are strewn from one end of the house to the other and clutter reigns, you may battle a real cramp in creativity.
Even for the most free-thinking minds, a little organization can go a long way to let your artistic aspirations soar. The key is accessibility. Follow these three simple tips from the organizational experts at ClosetMaid to get your space uncluttered and let your imagination run free.
- Dedicate your space. Whether you’re able to allocate an entire room, a closet or even just a corner, allow yourself to hone in on the true purpose of the space – crafting. Store unrelated items elsewhere and establish a designated work zone. You can also achieve versatility with mobile storage. Portable containers and rolling carts allow greater flexibility in how you use the space, while giving you easy access to your crafting supplies. Organizing like items, with specific storage areas for each different hobby or craft, will help you find what you need efficiently.
- Maximize your resources. Particularly if you’re working with a small area, it’s important to utilize every inch of space. Don’t limit yourself to the floor, think vertically. In a closet, using a custom organizer such as ClosetMaid’s ShelfTrack Wire Shelving Organizer Kit, will allow you to customize and reconfigure shelf locations as often as your needs change. You can also find a variety of hanging organizers for the back of the same door you once simply closed to hide the mess.
- Keep comfort in mind. Set the mood to get inspired with comfortable seating and décor that energizes you and appeals to your artistic senses. A cozy arm chair makes for far more appealing seating than a standard desk chair, especially if your chosen craft requires extended periods of sitting. If you expect to have guests visit the space, be sure to provide seating for their comfort, such as a cushy couch or loveseat.
There are myriad options available when it comes to storage, so you can find just the right size container for each and every item. This helps ensure you’re using every inch of space wisely. And, using right-size storage bins helps ensure you are protecting valuable supplies from damage that can result from cramming into too-tight places. For more creative ideas to transform your space into a clutter-free craft zone, visit www.ClosetMaid.com, www.StorganizationBlog.com or call (800) 874-0008.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017