Today is National Sugar Cookie Day. Here is a great twist on the basic sugar cookie.
Servings: 6 1/2 dozen cookies
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Wilton Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Poppy seed, apricot and strawberry pastry filling
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add flour, vanilla and salt; beat until just combined. Divide dough into 2 disks. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill at least 12 hours.
Heat oven to 375°F.
Working with 1 disk at a time, roll each to 1/8-inch thickness on generously floured surface. Cut cookies using 2-inch round cutter. Place on cookie sheet and make indentation in dough with thumb. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon pastry filling into each indentation.
Bake 16–18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on pan on cooling grid 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on grid. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017