by Janet Tharpe
We love the all-American burger and hot dogs have their place, but there is just something extra-satisfying about a perfectly grilled steak at a cookout.
Seasoned cook Scott Anderson created this recipe to celebrate the flank steak, which he says is “an often misused piece of beef” since it can become tough if mishandled. Long marinating in a nutty sesame dressing paired with a quick hot grill coaxes out tenderness and delicious flavor every time.
See step-by-step photos of Scott’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks around the country at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”…
“…Grilling brings out the tenderness of this steak.”
Grilled Sesame Flank Steak
What You Need
1 c merlot or cabernet red wine
3/4 c red wine vinegar
1/4 c sesame oil
1/2 c olive oil, extra virgin
4 tbsp garlic, chopped
3 tbsp fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
1 tsp dried thyme,
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
2 lb beef flank steaks
• Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl, whisking to emulsify.
• Place marinade in two gallon-sized zip lock bags and add one flank steak to each. Shake to evenly coat meat; refrigerate. Marinate steak overnight turning several times to coat.
• Preheat grill to medium high heat (375 degrees F). Discard marinade and sear steak on each side, approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Continue cooking 6 minutes per side, turning once. When the steak reaches desired doneness, remove from grill and let rest 8-10 minutes under a piece of tented aluminum foil. Resting allows the juices to pull back into the meat before carving.
Submitted by: Scott Anderson, Shepherdstown, WV (pop. 1,734)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Used by Permission.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Make Your Home Calm, Safe & Soothing with Simple Updates - February 23, 2017
- Book Review: I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh - February 22, 2017
- Finish 7 by Spring Project Pan INTRO - February 21, 2017
- Hot or Not: Marc Jacobs Highliner Review - February 20, 2017
- Home Cleanliness Tips for Young Families - February 16, 2017