by Janet Tharpe
We love the all-American burger and hot dogs have their place, but there is just something extra-satisfying about a perfectly grilled steak at a cookout.
Seasoned cook Scott Anderson created this recipe to celebrate the flank steak, which he says is “an often misused piece of beef” since it can become tough if mishandled. Long marinating in a nutty sesame dressing paired with a quick hot grill coaxes out tenderness and delicious flavor every time.
See step-by-step photos of Scott’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks around the country at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”…
“…Grilling brings out the tenderness of this steak.”
Grilled Sesame Flank Steak
What You Need
1 c merlot or cabernet red wine
3/4 c red wine vinegar
1/4 c sesame oil
1/2 c olive oil, extra virgin
4 tbsp garlic, chopped
3 tbsp fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
1 tsp dried thyme,
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
2 lb beef flank steaks
• Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl, whisking to emulsify.
• Place marinade in two gallon-sized zip lock bags and add one flank steak to each. Shake to evenly coat meat; refrigerate. Marinate steak overnight turning several times to coat.
• Preheat grill to medium high heat (375 degrees F). Discard marinade and sear steak on each side, approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Continue cooking 6 minutes per side, turning once. When the steak reaches desired doneness, remove from grill and let rest 8-10 minutes under a piece of tented aluminum foil. Resting allows the juices to pull back into the meat before carving.
Submitted by: Scott Anderson, Shepherdstown, WV (pop. 1,734)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Used by Permission.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Weekly Makeup Basket featuring Gwen Stefani palettes - April 29, 2016
- Top 10 Songs to Make You Cry - April 28, 2016
- Empties | Products I’ve Used Up | Makeup and Beauty Empties - April 27, 2016
- Back to Basics – How to use an eyeshadow trio - April 25, 2016
- Weekly Makeup Basket: Milani Everyday Eyes and e.l.f face palettes - April 22, 2016