Today is Big Brother's last day of first grade.
When I dropped him off the first day of school, I was fine. Peachy. Today, I am emotional about it. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?
Beginnings are exciting. They are filled with promise and hope. There is a sense of wonder and adventure when you start on a new journey.
Endings are rarely easy. It means something is stopping. When I finish reading a good book, it feels like the whole world shifted a little. When I finish a series of books, it gets even harder. You develop a relationship with the characters and are sad to end that relationship. When a TV show I like ends its run like House, M.D. ending tonight or Lost. Sure you can reread books (I rarely do) or watch reruns, but its just not the same as it was when it was new. When a relationship ends, even if its an unhealthy relationship, there is still a feeling of loss.
Big Brother will never again be a first grader. He will never again be learning to read. He will never again learn in his first grade classroom with his first grade teacher. The 1st grade journey is over for him.
Of course, I'll get to do first grade all over again in 2 years with Little Brother.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Beauty Basics | Easy contouring | Makeup Basics | How to contour - May 2, 2016
- Weekly Makeup Basket featuring Gwen Stefani palettes - April 29, 2016
- Top 10 Songs to Make You Cry - April 28, 2016
- Empties | Products I’ve Used Up | Makeup and Beauty Empties - April 27, 2016
- Back to Basics – How to use an eyeshadow trio - April 25, 2016