I got to go on vacation for this first time in a very long time this year thanks to my parents, who took the whole fam to the beach.
I am one of those people who is busy. I am always doing something, never bored. We just go and go and then go some more.
Taking a week to slow down really taught me some valuable lessons.
1. Family is important. They don’t care if you are introverted. If you have a problem with your relationship to electronics, that you bury your nose in books all the time, or have inconvenient dietary restrictions. They will push you out of your comfort zones, they won’t always understand, you will get on each other’s nerves, but they will love you no matter what.Playing Yatzee LuLu’s Restaurant Ft. Morgan AL
2. Life is a journey. You really do have to take the time to enjoy getting there (and sometimes getting back). The destination is worth some discomfort.
Starting the 14 hour drive to the beach!
3. You will encounter unexpected danger and mishaps along the way.Shark!
4. Those unexpected obstacles will force you to change direction and try something you weren’t expecting. And that can be just as fun.Building Sand Castles
5. Take time to explore new places.USS Drum (submarine) USS Alabama Fort Morgan (Civil War Bunker) LuLu’s Restaurant Ft. Morgan
6. Take the time to talk to interesting people. Even if you are an introvert.
This Civil War Re-enactor’s name is Christopher Dylan. Which I have tattooed on my arm.
7. Learn new things.Boogie Boarding
8. Things won’t always work out. Life isn’t fair and you may find yourself in situations you don’t want, didn’t plan for, or never expected to happen.USS Alabama Brig
9. Make the most out of every situation.USS Alabama bunks USS Alabama Bunk
10. There will always be someone who is stronger, faster, smarter, wealthier than you. And that’s ok.Orange Beach, AL
11. Fight for what you want. For what you believe in.USS Alabama USS Alabama
12. Never underestimate the power of taking a step back and relaxing.
Sit on the porch and read. Try it in a rocking chair. At the beach.The porch at the beach house.
Or in a hammock.
Take a long walk. On the beach!Fort Morgan Beach
Go for a swim.Fort Morgan Beach
13. Relax. Just be yourself. And realize that most of the time, the pressures you feel, are coming from you. Give yourself a break once in a while. Slow down. Enjoy where you are. Right here. Right now. Enjoy the people in your life. Enjoy what this world has to offer. You may surprise yourself at how much better you feel once you calm down. Life is not easy. Life is not fair. Serenity, along with dreams and goals, and family support will help you through this journey.Hanging out on the porch Feeding the Seagulls
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Skin Care Innovations and Techniques for Flawless Skin - March 24, 2017
- Book Review: What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin - March 22, 2017
- Boxycharm March 2017 - March 21, 2017
- 5 Smart Cooking Gadgets for Healthier Eating - March 13, 2017
- American Irish Stew - March 10, 2017