Starting an At Home Workout Routine

February 27, 2012

in Lifestyle

I wrote a while back about the dreaded Mommy Belly and how it negatively affects the way I view my body. Well, its time for a make-over. I'm starting this fitness routine today that I found on Pinterest.

My goal is simple. Follow this routine for six weeks. I'll take a before weight and a measurement around the largest part of my belly then I'll measure again after six weeks and celebrate (hopefully) success!

Want to join me in the challenge? Leave a comment below so we can motivate each other!

{ 9 comments }

Julie Jordan Scott February 27, 2012 at 10:35 am

It is with some trepidation I say…. YES! I want to join you in this challenge!!

Roni De Groot February 27, 2012 at 11:41 am

I need to do something so…… Yes!

Sasha February 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I'm in! Do you just do 1 set of the daily exercise?

Daenel T @ Living Outside the Stacks February 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm

So funny that you wrote this post. Today I started an exercise program/fitness challenge because, well, I'm fat and I need to fix it. I'm definitely joining you. Here's my post for today: http://livingoutsidethestacks.com/2012/02/mapmyfitness-quaker-challenge/

Scarlett February 28, 2012 at 10:18 am

A resounding YES!
So, obviously I'm a day behind already. I just returned from the dreaded doctor's office yesterday (Mon) with migraine meds and a steroid to reduce inflammation from my 10 day affair with migraines. I say, I could most definitely benefit from a real exercise routine. But, (and this is a stalling technique of the worst kind)… I'm gonna have to catch up with you girls next Monday.
I might need, however, a quick lesson in exercise for dummies! Where might I find a description for some of the exercises? I was going to list a few, then realized there are several I've never heard of. Such as, the Superman, the Russian Twist, the Jack-Knife, the Bird Dog and the Plank. Actually, maybe that is it, after all.
As much as I'm looking forward to the onslaught of physical exertion, I am really hoping to see a difference in any future pictures that may (or not) be snapped of me on the beach without my noticing!

Katie February 29, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I'm definitely in!… Although since I've began indoor rock climbing, I might replace the daily exercises with climbing instead (on occasion). Either way, I'm on a do a little more exercise on a daily basis kick… let's see how long I can keep it up.
P.S. Scarlett, I've been looking up the exercises I don't know online… so far I've been able to find quick how-to videos for all of them. Good luck!

bjyork March 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm

This is what i have been looking for.  6 weeks seems like a long time — but then again, this will get me right before the summer months…yeah.  I will do it.  I am glad i found you through Pour Your Heart Out

Julie March 27, 2012 at 7:19 am

This workout looks very exciting and challenging, but in my opinion there should be also room for dead lifts and push-ups. These are the two basic exercises which are used to exercise the major muscle parts such as legs, back, abs and pecs. And they still can be done as a simple home exercises in the comfort of your home and without the need for expensive machines or training weights. You can simply use shopping bags or bottles of water as weights for the dead lifts.

Alfredo Zapata April 23, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Great goals Lindsey, I see that you have a great vision and determination.. no doubt you'll get there..
All the best..!

Alfredo

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: