What You Need
1/2 c diced ham
1/2 c shredded four cheese Mexican cheese
2 tbsp butter
2 large mangoes, diced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp sweet onions, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp taco seasoning mix
• Prepare mango salsa by dicing mangoes, tomatoes and onions. Mince jalapeno and chop cilantro. Place in a bowl.
• Pour in lime juice and add taco seasoning. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together and coated. (Mango salsa can be made up to a day ahead.)
• Scramble eggs and dice ham. Heat omelet skillet with butter. When skillet is hot, add enough egg to cover bottom of skillet. When the egg mixture is almost firm yet still somewhat runny, flip omelet over. (This will make the omelet fluffy.)
• Load one side of egg mixture with diced ham and shredded cheese. Fold egg over. Let heat through and then place on plate.
• Cover omelet with mango salsa. Sprinkle with extra shredded cheese. Salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Submitted by: Brad Heintz, Seabrook, TX (pop. 22,597)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Used by Permission.
The following two tabs change content below.
Lindsey Renuard is a blogger, YouTube beauty expert, and the Managing Editor of the Skiatook Journal.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Ipsy Glam Bag September 2016 - September 23, 2016
- BOOK REVIEW: Wicked Summer by Roma Brooks - September 21, 2016
- Everything Under $10 – The Best Drugstore Makeup - September 20, 2016
- Modern White Dresses for Your “Must Have” Shopping List Next Month - September 14, 2016
- Achieve Bedtime Bliss: Sleep Trackers That Will Improve Your Slumber - September 13, 2016