If you are looking for a way to spice up the everyday chicken breast, this is the recipe you need. The Made in Oklahoma (MIO) Coalition offers a spicy recipe for Pepper Jelly Chicken Roulades that is sure to add heat to your summer menu.
Two chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Eight tablespoons pepper jelly, halved
Eight asparagus spears
Two slices Swiss cheese
One-third cup seasoned bread crumbs
One tablespoon butter
Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound flat with a mallet. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Spread half of the Pepper Jelly on the chicken breasts and set the remaining half aside.
Add three to four asparagus spears and one slice of Swiss cheese to each of the chicken breasts.
Fold the ingredients inside the chicken breast and secure with tooth picks or skewers. Roll the chicken breasts in seasoned bread crumbs until covered.
Add a tablespoon of butter in a hot skillet that can be transferred into the oven. When butter is melted, add chicken to the skillet and brown all sides over medium-high heat.
Place the chicken breasts split side up in the skillet, and bake for 20 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. Pour remaining Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Pepper Jelly over the chicken breasts.
If desired, serve over a bed of rice and enjoy!
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo Finale | Project Pan - May 4, 2016
- Beauty Basics | Easy contouring | Makeup Basics | How to contour - May 2, 2016
- Weekly Makeup Basket featuring Gwen Stefani palettes - April 29, 2016
- Top 10 Songs to Make You Cry - April 28, 2016
- Empties | Products I’ve Used Up | Makeup and Beauty Empties - April 27, 2016