This recipe takes a little time, but it worth the extra effort. It’s from Taste of Home with some adjustments.photo by Taste of Home
1 package manicotti shells
16oz fat free cottage cheese
3 cups fresh, chopped broccoli
2 cups shredded mozarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3t minced onion
3t minced garlic
1lb Italian sausage
1 jar spaghetti sauce (24oz)
2 tomatos, chopped
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, broccoli, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and garlic. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Rinse and drain shells; stuff with broccoli mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- My taps are hard to turn. Do they need to be replaced? - April 28, 2017
- Choosing one-piece toilets or two-piece toilets for your bathroom - April 26, 2017
- Why Choose Wall Cladding? A Look at Design Options - April 24, 2017
- Spice Up Spring Cleaning - April 17, 2017
- 8 Ways to Optimize Your Sleep - April 13, 2017