Are you mom enough? Really Time? This is the new cover of Time Magazine.
Of course images of a woman breastfeeding always spark controversy. But that kid is 3 years old! I"ve always been of the opinion that breastfeeding should be for the first year.
I myself had bad luck with breastfeeding. Big Brother couldn't figure it out no matter what ingenious tricks we tried so he was feed breast milk from a bottle until my supply dried up, which didn't take long.
Little Brother did great, but I had to have my gallbladder out when he was 6 months old. I couldn't keep my supply up enough after surgery but we were able to make it until he could have milk instead of formula.
What makes me angry about this cover is the question, "Are you mom enough?" implying that if we aren't breastfeeding out kids until they start going to public school, we have in some way failed.
As if moms need more pressure and more to worry about.
What is your reaction to the cover? Would you breastfeed a 3 year old?
Latest posts by Lindsey (see all)
- Ipsy Glam Bag September 2016 - September 23, 2016
- BOOK REVIEW: Wicked Summer by Roma Brooks - September 21, 2016
- Everything Under $10 – The Best Drugstore Makeup - September 20, 2016
- Modern White Dresses for Your “Must Have” Shopping List Next Month - September 14, 2016
- Achieve Bedtime Bliss: Sleep Trackers That Will Improve Your Slumber - September 13, 2016